Monday, August 3, 2015

MLB Quest Album

My husband is a huge baseball fan, so when we were in Chicago in 2010, we went to a game at Wrigley. He loved it and mentioned that he'd always dreamed of going to all of the ball parks. 

As I was starting to plan our summer holiday for 2011, I suggested that we go on a baseball road trip. Apparently that was the sexiest thing I could've said. 

That summer we went to Minneapolis, Milwaukee, Chicago, and Cincinnati. 

I decided to start an album to document our baseball park visits.

I used We R Memory Keeper page protectors with a horizontal 6x12 and three vertical 4x6s. 


I created a template for the 6x12 so I can create the same header for each ball park. It includes 

  • the park name
  • the city
  • the date visited & game time 
  • the teams playing
  • the names of the pitchers
  • the team logo
  • photos of the outside and inside of the park. 


My husband found a download for MLB fonts, and I use the colour picker in Photoshop to get the team colours for the text and background. 

The 4x6s include:

1) A photo of us or of my husband & son
2) a photo from during the game with journaling about the game. My husband writes the journaling. 
3) a park map (from the MLB site) with our tickets in the pocket.

I also include the odd insert if we have anything more from the game. The layouts are in date order. Here are some of the pages:





There are a couple of other sections in the album. I used Design F Project Life page protectors and my husband inserted baseball cards of players that we've seen. My husband is going to write about the player on the PL card. 



We need to go through our photos and find some good 4x6s for the top of these pages, or maybe I'll find some quotes about baseball. 

The last section is my favourite. It is 3x4 photos of my husband and son at each of the games with the park and date on the bottom of the photo. I love how you can see Nigel "growing up" from year to year. 




This album is easy to update as we visit the ball parks. I also love how much my husband is involved in this album. I'm very lucky to have a spouse who not only supports my documentation, but participates in it regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment